Job Title: Information Assurance Specialist
Location: Stoke Gifford, Bristol + Hybrid Working Options
Compensation: £49,943 - £61,003 dependent upon experience + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF51924
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Information Assurance Specialist at our Babcock Technology Centre site in Bristol.
As an Information Assurance Specialist, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary where you will support the information assurance, information security and accreditation activities for all Digital Solutions projects, including the infrastructure, applications and information associated with delivery of customer information assets and IT Services.
You will be a proven practitioner, in security/assurance in a Government/MOD or commercial environment, including information risk management and the writing of cyber security cases.
As an Information Assurance Specialist your responsibilities will include:
- Information risk management and risk mitigation.
- Coherently articulating security positions of our IT systems.
- Providing innovative solutions to information security challenges.
- Engaging with stakeholders across the business and MOD to ensure continuous improvement.
- Maintaining supporting documentation with an eye for detail.
This role is full time, 36 hour per week (Monday-Friday). We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements with alternative patterns of working including office or working from home opportunities – please ask at your interview. We offer hybrid working with 2-3 days in the office per week.
Essential experience of the Information Assurance Specialist:
- Relevant experience of the IT Domain, including knowledge of Government IA policy and process such as JSP440, JSP604 and NCSC IA guidance
- Information assurance management, liaising with internal and external IA teams to ensure adherence to relevant IA policy, and input into 3rd party assurance activities
- Ability to demonstrate the application of contextualised risk management in the application of technical/procedural/physical security controls within the risk/cost/benefit space.
- Security documentation management such as annual review and update of related IA documents such as RMADS, Security Cases, SyOPs, Business Impact Assessments, Privacy Impact Assessments, Risk Registers, DART/Oculus entries, Risk Balanced Cases, Information Asset Owner forms, Supplier Assurance Questionnaires
Qualifications for the Information Assurance Specialist:
- Hold a relevant Information Security professional qualification or equivalent experience.
Please note that this position is subject to national security vetting. The successful candidate will be a Sole UK National, who holds, or is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.