Babcock are looking for a Business Improvement Manager to join the Operational Excellence team on the Devonport Naval Base.
About the role
Join our dynamic team at Babcock as a Business Improvement Manager, where you will play a pivotal role in driving transformative change and improvement projects.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams, apply Lean Six Sigma methodologies, and lead projects from initiation through closure.
If you thrive in a challenging yet rewarding environment and have a passion for delivering impactful results, this is the perfect opportunity to contribute to our operational excellence journey.
Join us in shaping the future of Babcock and unlock your potential with us.
- Project Delivery: Demonstrate the ability to implement change using 6Sigma tools to drive improvements across the business.
- Data Analyses: Exhibit skill in analysing datasets and presenting the data to show insights and enable effective decision making.
- Risk Identification and Management: Show competence in identifying and proactively monitoring risks that may impact improvement project delivery and effectively managing them.
- Benefits Validation: Ensure clear Benefits are identified and realised through agreed measurement and validation with business owners.
- Activity Dependency Management: Effectively manage and monitor activity dependencies within each project, reporting them in a timely manner.
- Communication Leadership: Lead and facilitate communication sessions to align team expectations with intended outcomes.
- Change Ownership: Take full ownership of change delivery, adeptly managing change through ADKAR or similar processes.
The ideal candidate for the Business Improvement Manager position at Babcock possesses a strong background in project management and change management, demonstrated through successful delivery of business improvement projects.
With a solid understanding of asset management, the perfect applicant is adept at engaging stakeholders, managing human aspects of change, and implementing Lean Six Sigma principles. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, coupled with the ability to lead and coordinate multiple tasks efficiently, make this individual an invaluable addition to our team.
If you are a proactive and collaborative professional with a passion for driving positive organizational change, we encourage you to apply.
Key required skills
- Business Improvement Expertise: Demonstrate deep experience and proficiency in delivery of Improvement projects.
- Change Management Expertise: Exhibit strong practical experience in Change Management.
- Effective Communication: Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Stakeholder Management: Proven ability to bring people together through active engagement.
- Efficient Task Coordination: Proven ability to efficiently manage and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Asset Management:Demonstrated proficiency in Asset Management would be highly regarded.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy. To provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, the successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, MOJ, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job Req #55921