About Qantas Freight, Express Freighters Australia
Welcome to Qantas Freight, Express Freighters Australia (EFA), the leading freight management company within the Qantas Group. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Qantas, Qantas Freight (EFA) proudly operates in Qantas Freight livery, providing essential aircraft and crew, on long-term contracts. Our fleet consists of versatile aircraft including the A321, A330, B737 and B767, enabling us to meet the diverse needs of our domestic and international freight operations.
In line with our commitment to innovation and expansion, Qantas Freight has recently enhanced its fleet capabilities with the addition of two converted A330 freighters. These new aircraft significantly increase our capacity, allowing us to transport up to 50 tonnes of freight on each flight. Additionally, by the end of this year, we will have a total of 7 A321s in our fleet, further enhancing our operational capabilities. As part of our ongoing fleet modernisation efforts, we are retiring our B737 and B767 fleets this year. As we continue to grow and adapt to meet the evolving demands of the freight industry, Qantas Freight remains dedicated to providing efficient, reliable, and cost-effective freight solutions to our valued customers.
Recruitment and Minimum Requirements
Qantas Freight (EFA) is currently embarking on an expansion phase, marked by the introduction of new aircraft and the growth of our fleet. We are seeking First Officers to join our team as we move forward. If you're eager to be part of a dynamic and evolving sector, Qantas Freight (EFA) invites you to explore career opportunities with us.
As a First Officer with Qantas Freight (EFA), you’ll have;
- An Australian ATPL (A) or an Australian CPL (A) with passes in all Australian ATPL Theory subjects
- Australian Multi-Engine Aeroplane Instrument Rating with 2D and 3D endorsements
- Current CASA Class 1 medical
- ICAO English Language Proficiency Level 6
- Minimum 500 hours flight time in fixed wing aircraft; and at least one of the following minimum requirements:
- 200 hours in command of a multi engine aircraft (excluding PICUS); or
- 200 hours in command of a turbine powered fixed wing aircraft; or
- 200 hours on aircraft certified for operation by a crew of two pilots (multi-crew aircraft)
- A current passport with unrestricted access to all Qantas Freight ports of call with at least 12 months validity
- Experience in a multi-crew operation or successful completion of a multi-crew cooperation course
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical
- The ability to pass a Drug and Alcohol Test
- The ability to hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, relevant Australian permanent residency status or an unrestricted right to work in Australia
Lifestyle & Rosters
As a new First Officer, you'll likely start your journey on the narrow-body fleet, based in either Melbourne or Brisbane. Our domestic flight operations run exclusively on weekdays, leaving your weekends entirely free for personal pursuits. Night flying offers its own unique challenges and rewards, complemented by a close-knit team environment. Depending on roster shift patterns, pilots can expect to fly anywhere between 20 to 50 hours per month. You’ll be exposed to limitless opportunities as a Qantas Freight pilot. With significant fleet growth planned, stay with us and you’ll have opportunities to climb the ranks, or alternatively you can choose to explore different paths within the Qantas Group.
Safety is our top priority at the Qantas Group, and we recognize its paramount importance. Our comprehensive Pilot Training Program is tailored to maintain our renowned safety record and equip our pilots for success. The Evidence Based Training (EBT) program exceeds standard requirements, offering our pilots realistic training scenarios and hands-on experiences that elevate their piloting skills to the highest level. This commitment to excellence in training is a hallmark of the Qantas Group, ensuring that our pilots are well-prepared for the challenges of their roles.
Fleet & Bases
4 – A321 (7 by the end of 2024)
2 – A330
Brisbane Base (A321)
Melbourne Base (A321/A330)
Sydney Base (A330)
Inclusion and Diversity
The Qantas Group is committed to fostering a culture of Inclusion and Diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively promote diversity, support charitable endeavours, and champion environmental initiatives. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. If you have specific support or access requirements, we encourage you to inform us during the application process. Joining our team means being part of an organisation that values and celebrates the richness of diversity.
Apply today and become a part of our growing team!
Applications close 10th March 2024